A QR code is a 2 dimensional bar code that allows you to encode information that can be read by a mobile device. The QR stands for “quick response” because they allow the end user to quickly capture information you want to share. Much like a product bar code, the QR code is unique and the pattern is created depending upon the information it contains. To read the QR code you simply need to download a QR code reader Here to your smart phone or other mobile device. To read the code you simply activate your QR code app, and point it as the QR code square. Your device will read the code and transmit the information it contains.
What can a QR Code be used for? Any information that can be typed out can be shared in a QR code. This could include:
• URL to a specific web page. Particularly useful if the URL is complex, such as a YouTube video.
• Contact information on your company business card.
• Link to auto-follow you on Twitter or other social network.
• Link to auto-like your Facebook fan page.
• Link to auto-like your business on Google Places.
• SMS message straight from your phone.
• Poster with dates and details of events.
Where can QR codes be published?
This is what makes the codes so unique. Anywhere you display information you can put a QR code. This can include:
• Advertising Boards – yes, these big billboards can contain giant QR codes that mobile users can point and capture.
• Print advertising or brochures – a great way to bring somebody to a specific page on the web, such as an offer or deal. A great way for entrepreneurs to ensure their contact information is easily uploaded into a person’s phone book.
• Business Cards – Directly scan the contact information into your smartphone
• Websites – users can hold their mobile device up to the computer monitor and read the device here. This is particularly helpful if they need to download information since it can insert the information directly into their mobile device.
• T-shirts – a unique way to share your information and create an unusual design for a custom t-shirt.
How do you scan the QR code?
After you have your reader installed, fire up the application and snap a picture of the QR code. Make sure that your hand is steady and that you are able to include the whole code into the picture. There will be some instances when the scan would fail, do not worry, just keep on snapping.
Top 4 reasons why QR codes are going to hit it big
1. The potential audience of smartphone users will top 1 billion worldwide over the next three years. Also, even mobile phones that have Java capability are now able to get a QR code reader. There is an audience for QR codes that is just waiting to be tapped!
2. QR codes can be embedded into your promotional materials, business cards, company letterheads and merchandise. What's more, it is easier to deploy QR code strategies and measure their effectiveness than traditional marketing and Internet marketing combined.
3. You are not limited in terms of length, size and space. Traditional advertising works on limits. You pay for additional airtime, additional advertising space, and additional newspaper columns. But fixing a QR code to your advertisement, you are literally limitless in the amount of information you can include in your ad.
4. More and more people are getting on the Web through their mobiles. Global mobile data traffic has steadily been increasing with the advent of wireless connectivity, high speed Internet and Internet-enabled mobile phones. According to a study conducted by Opera, mobile data traffic in August 2010 increased by 10% in over a month's time, marking the fastest increase in the preceeding six months. This upward trend has also been continuously observed since the introduction of the iPhone in 2007.
Advertise on Pensacola Business Directory. The most direct business directory on the coast.
Your company will receive a web page on Pensacola Business Directory built specifically for you.
• Your Company Branding Including your logo (branding), essential in making sure you are instantly recognised
• Full Contact Details With all the relevant information to enable you customer to get in touch with you
• Google Mapping Technology Locking down your location to help customers find you easily
• QR Code Technology Making it easier to get your details to the customer click here for more on QR Codes and marketing ideas.
• Direct Social Networking Link Let your visitors spread the word about your business with links such as Facebook and Google+
• Keyword Rich Content Will generate more traffic to your web page if you have great keyword content
Get started today!